Monday, April 23, 2012

Lessons Learned through Italian Cooking

Who Can Resist THAT?
I'm bustin out my cookbook (Naples at Table), putting on my apron, getting in touch with my Italian heritage, making my Nonna (Italian for 'grandmother') proud, and taking myself on a little culinary adventure through Italy. Join me!



I have always loved being in the kitchen AND eating italian food so why not combine the two? Sure, I know how to whip up some decent marinara sauce and put together a last minute pasta but the art of Italian cooking is an avenue I have yet to explore. If you know me, you know that is a huge mistake on my part. 1/2 of our family lives in Naples, practically BREATHES Neapolitan cooking AND my father owns an Italian restaurant and is an amazing...and I mean amazing....chef. He has taught me so much about cooking but I want to impress him by learning some classic techniques and delicious recipes. Here's to you, Papa! 

The book Naples at Table: Cooking in Campania by Arthur Schwartz will be my guide throughout this delicious journey. 


I plan on documenting my mistakes, successes, recipes, experiences, what not to do, what to do, pictures and lessons learned through Italian cooking. Jump on board as I work my way through Campania and enjoy every bite of the way!

Buon Appetíto,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, You might not know, but you already have mastered quite a few Neapolitan dishes, such as, Gnocchi, Pastiera, Eggs in Purgatory, Pizzaiola sauce and many more. Very proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to remake all those so I can post photos for our readers!

    ReplyDelete